Celebrating 100 Posts
I am honored to be asked to write the 100th post for our Tech Talk Live blog. It is hard to believe we have come this far!
Since our very first blog post went live in May 2013, our mission has been to provide an online forum for learning and sharing information and experiences. Our target audience was the same as our conference, IT professionals who are working in educational environments. We saw a need for job-a-like IT folks to learn from one another. Many are out in their school districts like lone-warriors, tackling day-to-day issues by themselves. The blog was created as another means for sharing experiences to help others see what worked, and did not work for you, our readers and writers. As attendance has risen for our conference, so has our readership for the blog.
In celebrating our 100th blog post, I would like to share some data, as we all love data. We never dreamt that we would have visitors from 179 countries, or over 72,000 views. We learned that just because people aren’t leaving comments, does not mean people aren’t reading. Here are some statistics:
To date our Tech Talk Live blog has:
- Pageviews – 72,891;
- Unique Pageviews – 58,934;
- Avg Time on Page – 2:32 minutes;
- Entrances – 52,433;
- Visitors from 179 countries worldwide;
- 66% of our readership arriving at the site as a result of an organic search, 22% typing in the website, and 6% visiting as a result of a referral.
Out of our 100 blog entries, 10 made our Most Read List, congratulations and thanks!
- Issues with Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2010 Coexistence (27,111 visitors), Shawn Mellinger
- Creating a Session Expired Countdown in ASP.net and JQuery (6,767), Matthew Kernicky
- Removing Stale ActiveSync Devices (5,244), Dave Light
- Using a Password Management Application (2,344), Brian Steigauf
- Imaging Strategies for Mac OSX (2,159), Tim McCleary
- Tips and Tricks for Lync Administration Using the Lync Server Admin GUI and PowerShell Commands (1,753), Dave Light
- Upgrading Lync 2010 Server to Lync 2013 Server (1,354), Dave Light
- Controlling Reboot Behavior for SCCM Client Computer Updates (1,155), Shawn Mellinger
- IT Project Management in an Educational Setting: Project Management by Sticky Notes! (897), Nancy Morris
- PowerShell, Exchange 2013, and StorageLimitSize (602), Shawn Mellinger
In the coming year, we hope to not only continue to provide you with the best IT news content, but to continue fostering a stronger dialogue with our audience. We are very excited about reaching this milestone, and would like to extend a special thanks to all our readers and guest bloggers. We appreciate your contributions and feedback, and look forward to more in the coming years.
Keep writing and reading, we are excited to see what the next 100 entries bring in this ever changing field.
One of our main goals at Tech Talk Live is to build a community. It is our hope that this blog can be a forum for discussion around our content. We see commenting as an integral part of this community. It allows everyone to participate, contribute, connect, and share relevant personal experience that adds value to the conversation. Respect counts. We believe you can disagree without being disagreeable. Please refrain from personal attacks, name calling, libel/defamation, hate speech, discriminatory or obscene/profane language, etc. Comments should keep to the topic at hand, and not be promotional or commercial in nature. Please do not link to personal blog posts, websites, or social media accounts that are irrelevant to the conversation. This is considered self-promotion. We welcome links that help further the conversation and reserve the right to delete those we deem unnecessary. The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of Tech Talk Live or Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13. You are solely responsible for the content that you post – please use your best judgment. We reserve the right to remove posts that do not follow these guidelines.